Edible Margarita Bubbles. Here's how to do it!:
13 oz margarita mix
6 oz tequila
5 grams calcium chloride
Mini muffin silicone mold
4 ½ cups water
5 grams sodium alginate
Fresh lime zest
1. In a large bowl, combine 13 oz of margarita mix and 6 oz tequila.
2. Add 5 grams of calcium chloride to the margarita solution.
3. Mix together with a hand blender to ensure the calcium chloride has completely dissolved.
4. In a mini muffin silicone mold, add 2 tablespoons of the margarita solution in each compartment.
5. Place the silicone mold and solution in a freezer and leave until the mixture is completely frozen.
6. In another large bowl, combine 4 ½ cups of water and 5 grams of sodium alginate.
7. Mix together with a clean hand mixer. One fully combined, set aside for 15 minutes to let the air bubbles escape from the solution.
8. Take the frozen margarita solution and place it in the sodium alginate solution. As the margarita solution melts, a thin layer will form around the margarita mix.
9. With a slotted spoon, constantly mix your solution around to ensure the sphere doesn’t stick to the surface of your bowl.
10. Once the layer has formed around your margarita solution, carefully remove it from the sodium alginate solution and rinse it off in a clean bowl of water.
11. Place the sphere on a spoon and garnish with margarita salt and lime zest.
12. To eat the margarita sphere, place the entire sphere in your mouth and pop it! The membrane is edible and slightly salty.
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeednifty/
Tags: Edible Margarita Bubbles, buzzfeed, nifty, edible bubbles, margarita, fun drinks, happy hour, diy, how to, do it yourself